Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The Sun - 8th Sep 2013

David Smith

Good guesswork, David :smiley: I was a bit disappointed with the spots today observing them. Sarah thinks there might be a few small interesting spots that are showing up in her image from today that we didn't notice when we observed. Maybe there's hope?

Still, I guess they are pretty big in their own right looking at your Earth scale image :smiley:

Back in 2008 I recorded 7 months straight with no spots at all so I am glad of what we have at the moment.

Do you still get some facculae when it's quiet like that? I'd been hoping the new spot would be growing, but thinking about it, it's nice to see one on the way out as well as it comes into view.

Do you still get some facculae when it's quiet like that?

Yes, still saw some activity but no spots which is primarily what I was interested in back then. At next minimum my challenge will be to find a method of focusing reliably without having any spots to focus on!

Archived