Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Brian Cox

Matt Scunthorpe

Then in some other shows, he's jetting to the otherside of the world so he can look at a piece of rock or a tree which was affected by a meteor etc. Its interesting, but for the 10seconds you see it, its not really worth it the trip and dramatic music that comes with it.

This always makes me laugh, too. Must be great getting a job with the beeb. They have all that license payers money they have to spend to justify making us pay it every year.

You see those shots when he's on of a mountain wearing nothing even close to climbing gear and you know you just paid a little bit of money to fly him up there and a camera crew so he can do a scene.

Lucky man :)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The kind of videos that interest me more are the deep sky videos series as an inspiration to star gazing. Only found out about them via a post here IIRC, strangely I never spotted them before as it part of another series called 60 symbols, periodic videos that I often watched.

I did not know who Prof Mike Merrifield or Dr Megan Gray were before I started, but those two can tell a story or two about astronomy :), for me beats the sky at night or a Brian Cox wonders of the universe ( the latter is aimed at a much more general audience and science in general of course).

The nice thing about deep sky videos is that they are still made in a way for everyone to understand. You should all have this in your bookmarks and give it a spin.

http://www.deepskyvideos.com/pages/contributors.html

I really liked them anyway. Haven't gone through them all, but every once in a while I watch a few.

Seems a while since we had the latest Cox Blockbuster (careful in saying that)? :p

Like buses (Hey, Brian was a fan) BBC science programs seem to come at once...

That said, looks a goodly selection on BBC4 tonite. Wall to wall Professors & Drs?

And only fair that us modern-day distaff get Lucy Worsley (Nina Ramirez!) too. :)

I like some of his stuff, he's very good at what he does and has had a lot of money thrown at him as a poster boy. The programmes may be good but as a presenter I find him a bit annoying ( though this may be due to the 'modern' style production and direction)...

Given the choice between Cox in Bermuda and Jim Al-Khalili in Burnley ... I'd take Jim and the poor budget any day ...

AndyG

Archived