NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

You know it's bad, when...

Russe

... when you catch yourself thinking about the next house you need to buy, and all you are concerned about is, whether it should have a North facing garden... or South... or East maybe??? ... not forgetting West...

Any thoughts?

We went to a party hosted by some friends last night. They're barely a mile away, but they hold the event in a field so people can camp for the weekend should they wish to, and the field is about 100m higher than we are here. The views to the north, east and south are totally uninterrupted to the distant horizon and with careful planning it would be possible to get a reasonable western horizon too. The view of the Milky Way was lovely. I could see from Auriga to Sagittarius just by turning my head. It was bitterly cold though. The wind really went through you. I got back home and set up at about 11:30pm and it was so much more pleasant here with a little shelter from the breeze. Being so exposed is perhaps not all positive :)

James

James its the same with cycling, the wind can turn a normally brilliant route into a nightmare.

When I bought the house I am in now being close to the countryside was important to me because of my cycling hobby.

The next time I move I will have to consider 2 hobbies :laugh:

Archived