Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sun - White light Mosaic 26th Aug 13

tdnicholls

Hi,

Sun mosaic of two images taken with my new TS 65 Quad, wanted to try this scope out on something, last night on the deep sky was disappointing due to high cloud, focusing a little tricky as lacking an auto-focuser currently; iPad, RDP connection to the main rig and a blanket, seems to work ok.

1000 frames, PIPP to 500 and AS!2 to 125, wavelets in RS6.

Interesting to compare this back to the ST-80 images I have posted before, this is less processed than the previous images but was surprised how little there seems to be between them.

Panorama1-1000-500-125-TS65-QHY5-IIPS_zpsc767bc80.jpg

Thanks

Hi,

Very nice capture, lots of detail. It is interesting that the much better scope doesn't seem to make much difference for solar, perhaps because it is relatively bright and of course big that the better quality optics just don't make much of a difference?

May be a Herschel wedge would show more of a difference in the better scope?

Robin

Hi,

Very nice capture, lots of detail. It is interesting that the much better scope doesn't seem to make much difference for solar, perhaps because it is relatively bright and of course big that the better quality optics just don't make much of a difference?

Having had chance to have a good look the source image is a better, well cleaner from the TS65 - my processing has improved with time but this image took a lot less processing work.

May be a Herschel wedge would show more of a difference in the better scope?

Have been looking at those - too much kit and so little cash :)

Archived