SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Just bought a 150p....

I think the EQ3 can handle this scope easily. It can carry up to 7Kg comfortably. I happened to overload mine out of curiosity and it was OK - I mounted an 11Kg refractor for test and once correctly balanced it handled the weight. I don't recommend overloading though.

Alberio - coloured double star.

Try for Vega in Lyra then the double double.

Double cluster in Perseus, oddly not a Messier.

Brain stops there.

I was looking at Stellarium last night and everything is a bit low at present.

M31 Andromeda may be too big for the scope but try the central core, at least you will have seen it.

Download Stellarium and have a play, get you location in from the list of towns, the basically move round. Milky way is nice and easy but cannot give anything specific.

Pleiades is JUST coming up but you need to be out at about 1:00 am and even then it is low.

Cygnus is nice and high but the nebula in it could well be impossible - no idea how much light pollution you suffer from.

Will go find a few more but Stellarium and my browser do not operate well at the same time.

There are lots in one way but mainly in the Milky Way.

If you locate Adnromeda by the squatre of Pegasus the 2 stars and "up" got the the other way "down" and there should be Triangulum galaxy.

In Hercules is the great cluster, ans in the South Eat is M15 and M2, 2 more clusters.

Oh yes, to upset everything there is The Moon, presently fairly big and if clear then bright enough to swamp quite a lot.

I think the EQ3 can handle this scope easily. It can carry up to 7Kg comfortably. I happened to overload mine out of curiosity and it was OK - I mounted an 11Kg refractor for test and once correctly balanced it handled the weight. I don't recommend overloading though.

you always push your mounts to the limits XD

I used to have a 6" F/8 Newtonian, and M31 and M33 showed up nicely in that. An F/5 should offer much better, wider views of these objects. M81 and M82 can be captured (not the best time of the year, but still OK), and I could even spot nearby NGC 3077 in the same FOV of my F/8. In autumn, Just trawl through Cassiopeia and neighbouring constellations, you'll be able to see loads of stuff. In winter M42/M43 is a must-see.

Happy hunting and clear skies.

Alberio - coloured double star.

Try for Vega in Lyra then the double double.

Double cluster in Perseus, oddly not a Messier.

Brain stops there.

I was looking at Stellarium last night and everything is a bit low at present.

M31 Andromeda may be too big for the scope but try the central core, at least you will have seen it.

Download Stellarium and have a play, get you location in from the list of towns, the basically move round. Milky way is nice and easy but cannot give anything specific.

Pleiades is JUST coming up but you need to be out at about 1:00 am and even then it is low.

Cygnus is nice and high but the nebula in it could well be impossible - no idea how much light pollution you suffer from.

Will go find a few more but Stellarium and my browser do not operate well at the same time.

There are lots in one way but mainly in the Milky Way.

If you locate Adnromeda by the squatre of Pegasus the 2 stars and "up" got the the other way "down" and there should be Triangulum galaxy.

In Hercules is the great cluster, ans in the South Eat is M15 and M2, 2 more clusters.

Oh yes, to upset everything there is The Moon, presently fairly big and if clear then bright enough to swamp quite a lot.

wow!!

talking about an informative reply!!

Archived