Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Slr Paticks Letter

MrEd

The letter is very good but it is an absolute shame it had to be written. Surely if the BBC don't want to let UK audiences enjoy it then they could at least sell it to SKY or Discovery or someone who appreciates the value of such a great series.

My thoughts exactly. It does seem that the public prefer broadcasting which I find soul destroying (east enders, Celebrity TV, Cooks with spikey hair and tongues which dont fit in their mouths lol)

The only TV I watch is progs like the sky at night, documentaries, etc. Oh and sport, Boxing & Football.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just read Sir Patrick's letter regarding scheduling times for sky at night, and was wondering if anyone else noticed his little joke regarding his location?

Sir PATRICK MOORE CBE FRS

Lat: 50 43’ 49.25’’ Long: 00 41’ 41.25’

By my calculations this puts him "at sea" or has my chart reading let me down? :shock:

The problem is that Sir Patrick and us mob may complain about how the Beeb treat us they could not care less. Their bean counters are not interested in outer space - after all it just is not snooker - which they have to pay for. So it's a disposable - buy yourself a modern TV, go digital or watch on the web item - compared to some weird film or yet another repeat of some BBC show.

As for Sir Patrick, to them he is not only a weird nerd but he is old! The Beeb does not like old - it likes dynamic moronic young - the only good old can do is appear in a comedy show as Victor Meldrew (another show that gets scheduled and then taken off if the Beeb has footy etc., to show) or similar old idiot roles.

The most annoying bottom line of all this is that the Beeb - almost against it's nature - makes and shows things like 'Jam and Jerusalem' which are very popular with viewers (who should know better they think) - yet these, that will be repeated for years, are disliked by the Beeb compared to, say Torchwood, with all its...

One wonders if the 'Sky at Night' will end when Sir Patrick can no longer present it - one gets the impression that the Beeb's current treatment of the programme may be designed to hasten this.

With this in mind ... Hell and damnation to them - and long may the programme continue with the commander at the helm!!

I've just read Sir Patrick's letter regarding scheduling times for sky at night, and was wondering if anyone else noticed his little joke regarding his location?

Sir PATRICK MOORE CBE FRS

Lat: 50 43’ 49.25’’ Long: 00 41’ 41.25’

By my calculations this puts him "at sea" or has my chart reading let me down? :shock:

Yep He is "all at sea " With them !

The problem is that Sir Patrick and us mob may complain about how the Beeb treat us they could not care less. Their bean counters are not interested in outer space - after all it just is not snooker - which they have to pay for. So it's a disposable - buy yourself a modern TV, go digital or watch on the web item - compared to some weird film or yet another repeat of some BBC show.

As for Sir Patrick, to them he is not only a weird nerd but he is old! The Beeb does not like old - it likes dynamic moronic young - the only good old can do is appear in a comedy show as Victor Meldrew (another show that gets scheduled and then taken off if the Beeb has footy etc., to show) or similar old idiot roles.

The most annoying bottom line of all this is that the Beeb - almost against it's nature - makes and shows things like 'Jam and Jerusalem' which are very popular with viewers (who should know better they think) - yet these, that will be repeated for years, are disliked by the Beeb compared to, say Torchwood, with all its...

One wonders if the 'Sky at Night' will end when Sir Patrick can no longer present it - one gets the impression that the Beeb's current treatment of the programme may be designed to hasten this.

With this in mind ... Hell and damnation to them - and long may the programme continue with the commander at the helm!!

I tell you what, I bet a certain Dr May might be interested in taking over when SP finally lays down the sword.............................

Edit: In fact I've just been on Brian's blog and asked him.............. :D :D :lol:

Has Patrick andhis "close" team ever thought about doing podcasts?

This could be done in a very informal manner and he would not be at the whim of the Beeb!

Between SPM and all the good folk he knows I'm sure they could fill 15-20 minutes of podcast time, even if it's once a month and done along side the S@N filming, it could then be placed on an open website for all to see when it suits the viewer best.

Including China.

Hell, it'd be very interesting if SPM were to simply read from some of his books.. I'd listen to him.

Archived