Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cjg

Had a superb night last night / this morning at Seething. From about 00:30 to about 02:30 (just before the clouds and rain hit).

Milky Way was superb, could easily see constellations that I struggle to see from home such as Sagitta.

Andromeda and Double Cluster visible naked eye too. Haven't had many nights like that for some time.

Used the "precise GoTo" function on my 5SE mount to see Uranus and Neptune - at about 02:18 the ISS made a very very bright pass too - awesome.

Think that the massive thunderstorms and torrential rain we had during the afternoon must have "cleaned" the air.

More nights like this please.

Chris

I was literally carrying the tripod heading for the garden when I thunder started. 5 minutes later it was raining dogs and cats or cats and dogs...whatever..!! :D

One good night fuels up your passion, this is how amateur astronomy goes - at least for me.

Archived