NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

skywatcher 9x50 finderscope...

...thinking of getting these for my Dob, simple really..if you have one a little feed-back,if you please. I have a telrad but I think this finder looks great value!..am I right?,thanks.

I use a 9x50 right angle corrected image (RACI) finder which is branded Orion (USA) but is identical to the Skywatcher unit as far as I can see. It works very well. The mount makes alignment with the scope easy and it tends to hold that pretty much spot on through being removed and put back on the scope. The cross hairs are clearly defined and the optics seem decent. Can't ask any more really. I've used a though of the straight through ones as well and they do the job equally well.

I have one; very pleased with its performance, good sharp image, easy to focus. I often use it for autoguiding. Only down-side is the alingment adjustment on the bracket- two screws and one spring-loaded pin; this can make adjustment a fiddle. I must replace the pin with a third screw sometime!

Regards, Herrman

RACI every time, I have used both and for ease of use you can't beat the RACI

my 300p had a RACI fitted when i bought it and i put that on the 200p i sold and kept the straight through.i hate the right angled finders,cant use them.find it much easier to get where i want to go using a straight through finder but it is a very personal thing

.......but it is a very personal thing....

Quite true. There are a number of options available and they all work well enough. You just need to find the ones that suit you :smiley:

Archived