Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Sun In White Light 05-07-2013. 07:00+15:00 BST.

Steve Ward

Jumbled bag today , decent seeing first thing so I left the Mak180 on the mount and went in close , no time for the disc as well though so had to get what I could in very poor seeing this afternoon.

Full Disc , 15:00 BST , 23/80. Poor Seeing.

P5-7-13.png

AR 11785 Close-up , 07:00 BST , 30/200 , Good Seeing.

PMak0700.png

AR 11785 Close-up , 15:00 BST , 7/80 , Poor Seeing.

PMak1500.png

1000D + ED80Pro / Mak180Pro + ND3.8 + 1.8 x Barlow + OIII.

Day by day album . . . http://www.astrobin....rs/steveward53/

Fabulous pictures Steve. I looked at the sunspots this afternoon. The seeing was poor, as you might expect, but it still looked awesome. I took a snap with a compact camera at the eyepiece of a Megrez 90, not quite in the same league as yours, ha ha. Great to see your photos, thanks for posting them.

Best, Paul

Lovely images, especially the first AR close-up.

We had a totally overcast start to the day as we got off the ferry, but when we arrived here the Sun was blazing. I chose not to break out the scopes and cameras though as I don't think it would have gone down well :)

Weather forecast looks good for the next few days though, so I'm hoping to get some decent white light images and really put in some time on the PST as well as getting a some night time imaging done.

James

Hi Robin ,

The second one didn't really warrant posting quality-wise , but put it in to compare the changes from morning to afternoon.

On any normal day this would be a cracking shot, only because you got something better earlier on. It is interesting to see how it has changed, if anything it is more intricate in the afternoon, shame about the seeing.

Robin

Archived