Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Thinking of having a "big spend", its all M.H.F.Wilkinsons fault

bomberbaz

Interesting discussion folks but PLEASE can we not get into buying and selling on the main forums. The place for this is in the classifieds section.

I've made some edits to some posts in this thread to reflect the above.

Thanks for your understanding :smiley:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting discussion folks but PLEASE can we not get into buying and selling on the main forums. The place for this is in the classifieds section.

I've made some edits to some posts in this thread to reflect the above.

Thanks for your understanding :smiley:

Apologies form me too, it was more meant as a joke in jest to say, put them on the classifieds now. I wondered where my post had gone. it wasn't meant as a sneaky back door way or anything. I must admit I had second thoughts about posting that at all, but thought well ... urhmm wrongly :D, noted.

Only just noticed this. Sorry if I broke forum rules, i wasnt aware that I might have done.

Anyway all contributors, thanks for all the input, it has been very usefull indeed and i am close to deciding, just need to check the size of my budget before i finalise my choice. I will post again once i have the new eps.

Think someone mentioned after my last purchase that i had got on a slippy road by buying top of the range eps and they are absolutely spot on. The current delos price reduction has helped though.

Thanks all

Steve

As I spotted my name being used idly, I just have have to chime in.

All proposed plans are WAY too modest, you really want all of the EPs discussed :evil6: :evil6:.

You could go for a Delos 17.3, but there is also the Nagler 17T4. Absolutely superb.

hahaha, I wondered when you would be chipping in Michael. I had looked at a 17T4 and may consider it if I come into some money :evil:

• 3 weeks later...

Well finally my spending is at an end. The Hyperions and other two wide field EP's are now gone :cry: and replaced with some of the stuff below in the revamped eyepiece box:

post-26735-0-26605800-1372854110_thumb.j

The Delos (10 - 17.3) are new (if the Mrs asks i will tell her I saved a packet in the sale :wink: ), as is the superb value Maxivision 24mm (82*). I got the Axiom 31mm (82*) for a snip of UK-ABS and both the Axiom and the Maxivision have already had first light and I was delighted with the views, simply stunning.

I hope this is the end of my spending spree as it's cost a small fortune although the spend did come in under my allotted budget and anyway has as has been mentioned previously, you can't take it with you. :grin:

Steve

Thats a great set Steve and will serve your current and any future scopes very well indeed :smiley:

If someone had advised you, when you started in the hobby, that you would spend twice as much as your scope cost on eyepieces, you would have thought them mad :rolleyes2:

Thats a great set Steve and will serve your current and any future scopes very well indeed :smiley:

If someone had advised you, when you started in the hobby, that you would spend twice as much as your scope cost on eyepieces, you would have thought them mad :rolleyes2:

hahaha, spot on there John and thanks for the kind words but I honestly see these as an investment anyway so I am happy with my spending.

Steve is that a Glatter Parallizer in your case? If so is it any good?

Hiya 8kids, re the parallizer I love it, it holds EP's, laser etc fantastically secure and does not mark the barrels. highly recommended.

Hiya 8kids, re the parallizer I love it, it holds EP's, laser etc fantastically secure and does not mark the barrels. highly recommended.

Cheers Steve, I'll add it to my very long list. :smiley:

Well finally my spending is at an end. The Hyperions and other two wide field EP's are now gone :cry: and replaced with some of the stuff below in the revamped eyepiece box:

post-26735-0-26605800-1372854110_thumb.j

The Delos (10 - 17.3) are new (if the Mrs asks i will tell her I saved a packet in the sale :wink: ), as is the superb value Maxivision 24mm (82*). I got the Axiom 31mm (82*) for a snip of UK-ABS and both the Axiom and the Maxivision have already had first light and I was delighted with the views, simply stunning.

I hope this is the end of my spending spree as it's cost a small fortune although the spend did come in under my allotted budget and anyway has as has been mentioned previously, you can't take it with you. :grin:

Steve

Very impressive, and all my fault too ;)

PS, nobody believes you when you say your spending has come to an end :D

Archived