Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first star cluster, M5

StarRaver

Hello all,

After a couple of months away from the SGL forum and no Ap due to work and bad dust problems on my canon sensor

I have finaly managed to get some time to clean it off the best I can, and due to the nice weather Thursday night I managed to get myself back out under the night sky for what seems like an age.

To be honest I thought I would take hours remembering how to set up properly and get guiding but everything just seem to fall in to place and i was able to start clicking away in no time, luck seemed to be on my side, clear skies quick and easy setup one happy bunny :smiley:

after just cleaning my sensor I didnt want to do to long of an exposure just in case there is still dust there to ruin my pics and wanting to try something different I thought I would try my first star Cluster.

Once I was aligned with M5 I noticed my focuser kept slipping and extending out all the way and when I tried winding it back in it just felt all wrong and as somthing was grinding and sticking and wouldn't wind back in :sad:

so I pushed the tube back in and got the focus as close as i could by sliding the tube back and forth the locking it with the locking screw so sorry about it not being properly focused. Now have to save for a new focuser anyways this was 10 lights at 120second with matching callibration frames at 800iso but I dont think my flats were all that and only had a little 10 min process due to time constraints

thanks for looking

Dale

post-21044-0-34922300-1370100790_thumb.p

Thank you for the comments,

here is a crop of the image as requested lol

post-21044-0-44951200-1370111882_thumb.p

Hopefully when I have a bit more free time I will have a proper go at processing the image and I might also re stack without the flats as I can't strech the histogram to much before bad things start showing up lol

Archived