Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC1396 Mosaic update - (Ha(G)OIII) work in progress... (for a long while yet!)

AndyUK

Cheers Martin - That action is actually the one I used on the Ha (trying to do it manually as in the video was a complete no-no for me!). I didn't realise those videos were on YouTube though - VERY useful indeed - Thank you!

Edit: MartinB - You're not wrong! It was very tedious indeed staring at the screen looking for the holes and patching it in with the clone tool! I can't help but think this is cheating somehow, but ho hum...!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Martin - That action is actually the one I used on the Ha (trying to do it manually as in the video was a complete no-no for me!). I didn't realise those videos were on YouTube though - VERY useful indeed - Thank you!

They wern't untill I put them there LOL.....Try to ignore the voice - makes be sound realy country.

Well having just worked through them all, and especially considering my previous experiments with tonemapping, I'll certainly recommend them :smiley:.

I tried them on an HST palette of IC1396 I took last year... Admittedly, I started with my fully stretched channels (which therefore already included the bloated stars :rolleyes:), so I know I could get a better result, and I certainly won't remember to do it all without referring to your videos (please don't take them down!), but I was pretty happy with the outcome for a first go:

med_gallery_6161_1131_674249.jpg

Absolutely mind blowing Andy. I look at this with awe, admiration and if I'm honest, just a little sorrow. Sorrow because I know that with my already stretched resources I'm unlikely to ever be able to attain this level of excellence. :( Still, I guess i've always got sgl :)

that really is a heroic effort andy i can't help but admire this kind of dedication heck i get itchy feet after 5 hrs on one target, give this bit of software a go if you want to remove the stars it is very good and far better than any technique ive tried including JP's http://www.zipproth.com/Straton/ its not free but it really does do an amazing job

I've tried to download the link as I'm always up for making something easier - Sadly for me it's not recognised. I've googled it and it does take me to the same address, so perhaps the site is down. And it's only 15 euro's - A steal if it works!

Yes the website is down it would seem. The website link in my sig has 2 images in my review section that I ran through the software if you want to take a look.

They do look very good indeed - I'll have to keep an eye on the site and hope that its just a temporary glitch.

Scott - You really shouldn't be sorrowful looking at MY images here - Please believe me when I say that my level is extremely attainable,and with the mosaic, the fact that the 314L+ has such a small chip and I'm having to take so many (too many?) panes really is hiding a multitude of sins! There are a great many better and more skilful imagers on here to get depressed over (as I frequently do! :grin:)

II'm always looking out for processes that could potentially be automated, so working through a process as in those 3 videos posted by Martin was, for me, very therapeutic :smiley:.. However, if you could see some of the saved files that went to make that up, it would make your hair stand on end! If/when that website comes up though, I'll be VERY interested indeed in that link, especially if it's as good as it might seem to be (my thanks also for the link :wink:)

Whatever Andy, that is a wonderful image :) I realise that a lot of effort went into it and I applaud that - getting a great result always seems to take a lot of work but the results are worth it. I find I'm learning all the time and my image processing is gradually improving. Carry on the great work :)

Archived