NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Adhesives Used with Rubber Sheeting Roofs

oly2b

I am getting to the point of ordering two pieces of EPDM sheeting for my shed,

did people used both white water based adhesive plus contact adhesive around the edges?

Craig

if your after a great bonding agent, i would reccomend tiger seal or stickoflex adhesives, there about the best on the market, stickoflex is used to stick the chassis together on the jaguar xk8

Yup.. I did on mine.. wouldn't scimp if thats what you're thinking.. use contact for all vertical surfaces. You dont want it peeling back in the wind. I also found I used more contact & less waterbased than calculated using the websites calculators.

Many thanks for the replies, I need to get some ordered ready for half term week where I hope to fit.

May have to leave it flapping around the edges as the windy and wet weather at weekends is preventing me getting the sides on the moving roof.

post-15188-0-50136400-1368812827_thumb.j

I used only the water based adhesive on mine but it did secure the edges either with wooden battens or clout nails.

Same here - I used the adhesive that came with the sheeting from Rubber4Roofs. Edges were secured with battens. So far so good.

Archived