NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

flocking material

houston

I haven't used this material but I suspect that it will not achieve any better results than the matt black paint finish that should already be present inside your optical tube as it will have a smooth surface. A better alternative (although more costly, I grant you) would be a black velour type finish like this product.

OMG - FLO in ripping-off-astronomers-shocker!!! Same stuff, same image as the Wilko website but 40% dearer - the rogues :D

You probably posted that with tongue-in-cheek but someone did accuse us of profiteering last year. Our defense is posted here :smiley:

HTH,

Steve

You probably posted that with tongue-in-cheek but someone did accuse us of profiteering last year. Our defense is posted here :smiley:

HTH,

Steve

Steve, It's no surprise that Wilko can charge £5 for it as they would order it in much higher quantities which reduces the price of each. I personally feel that £7 is fair. It's great quality stuff (I flocked my Heritage with it) and we also get to support a small retailer who has done a lot for the amateur astronomy market :).

Back to the OP, I recommend using the black velour flocking material. It's easy to use and seems to make a difference. Although, it's difficult to tell given the number of clear nights we have :rolleyes:

HTH,

Steve

I sure did :p

I wish I had spotted you sell this before I ordered my astrozap shroud this week, I could have saved on delivery charges!

Archived