Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Observation Map

Grant

Hi everyone,

As you may have already seen, I've been working on an observations map for people to log their observations and then browse through other peoples logs. This is now all up and running, you can choose a date in history and view all of the observations from that day or, you can filter the results to only show a specfic type of observations, e.g solar.

The map works worldwide so it's open to all audiences, it now just needs people to start using it so the observations can fill up the map, it's super easy to add to the map, simply go to http://iseestars.net/map and click add to map, either with an image or without. It then asks you to login to Isee Stars if you aren't already, if you don't have an account, signup is free and you get space for quite a few astro images included. The reason I ask people to signup is to try and prevent spam observations being added. Next fill in the add observation form, you can either copy and paste your longitude/latitude or use the map to click on your location, the longitude and latitude will then be automatically filled in. Choose the observation type, and time and then fill in the report, click add and your report will automagically appear :clouds2:

This is still an active development so if people have any ideas or suggestions for improvement or growth then don't hesitate to contact me, also, if anybody can think of ways to promote it then let me know, I want to spread the word as far as possible so that there is a constant flow of observations being added.

Many thanks,

Grant

image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Keith london is the nearest the map will allow me to register mate , i live in Basildon , but having said that even if i was in London the filters i use would take out that pollution i still have light pollution here in in BASILDON infact its bad due east and the north and thats where i do the main of my imaging ,

Cheers

Rog

Rog, if you double click somewhere on the map, it will center it on the screen, you can then zoom in by using the slider on the left, either slide it or hit the "+" or "-" buttons, it's possible to zoom in on individual houses, if you hit the satelite button you can see real aerial shots of places, I can make out my house :lol:

Keith london is the nearest the map will allow me to register mate , i live in Basildon , but having said that even if i was in London the filters i use would take out that pollution i still have light pollution here in in BASILDON infact its bad due east and the north and thats where i do the main of my imaging ,

Cheers

Rog

I'm very impressed! If you can do that in Basildon, there's hope for me in Cambridge. What sort of filters do you use and where did you get them?

Hi Keith ,

ok for the Galaxies i use a C.L.S Filter, for deep sky i use an HA filter, or 0111 filter , also can use various nebula filters as well , . but in the main from here, and as i do love the dark nebula and emission nebula , i mainly use the Hi Alpha filter .planetary Nebula like M27 and M57 , THE 0111 filter is good ,, but then when using the HA filter the exposures have to be longer , in my case i use a fast star system , or did lol to get my F ratio down to F1.9 to get the data much faster and avoid long exposures , nearly all my images are captured at 45 sec subs , but taking about 50- of them and stacking ,

hope that helps

Rog

• 1 year later...

Archived