Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Got my set-up prepped early, for the weather forecast is looking very good for tonight. Haven't had the opportunity to use my scope for quite a while so am looking forward to it very much. Also got a few new pieces of kit that are having their first night out tonight. Williams Optics 2" Carbon Dielectric Diagonal, Baader 2" Quicklock and Hyperion Aspheric 36mm eyepiece. Gonna be a blast.

post-13689-0-31826400-1367863506_thumb.j

Thanks Steve,

Yeah it has been a toughie, but I have just come back in from a great nights observing. Had some great views of Saturn. Getting re-acquainted with the scope again after such a long time has been good though. After just one night with my new Baader Quicklock I am totally hooked. What a brilliant device. Re aligning the diagonal is an absolute breeze and no likelihood of any accidents now. Eyepiece and diagonal safe as houses. The diagonal is also a real class item. it oozes quality.

Just need some more lovely clear nights in order to get out more.

After just one night with my new Baader Quicklock I am totally hooked. What a brilliant device.

Hey Malc I managed to get onto an Aussie company that have ordered the Quicklock and a Baader Diagional with Quicklock for me, may take a few weeks but I put a deposit on it and they have ordered the 2 items for me.

Alan

Excellent, Alan, You will be delighted with it. I know I am. With just one night out, it has proved to be a very worthwhile investment. So easy. I should have got one ages ago. Is yours the 1.25 or the 2" version? If it is the 2" then using bigger eyepieces will open up a much wider (sorry for the pun) expanse of the sky. That is why I went for the 2". So I could get wider expanses of the sky into the eyepiece in one go. Great for observing large clusters/ nebular etc.

Thanks alot fellas. I feel like I am moving forwards now. I have spent a shed load of money on getting the best kit I could in order to wring the most enjoyment and benefit out of my astromomy. Well the shopping has virtually stopped now. It is time to start using it now. The wife is alot happier as is my bank manager. In a couple of months our back garden will be finished and I am having a dedicated flat, flagged observing area done, where I can set up without the worry of chewing up the lawn (where I currently set up). After a couple of nights out there it can sometimes resemble a bog and my kit gets covered in mud. No chance of that anymore.

I talked to the supplier today and he says I should have it tomorrow, I just hope it is the correct thread otherwise I will get my machinist mate to machine up one for me.

Ok i'll post a pic of it, where should I post it, here, or is there a thread for posting your gear.

Alan

• 3 weeks later...

Archived