Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Binocular Shop In Essex?

Gissajob

So, as it's my birthday soon I'm treating myself to a pair of good bins. But I'd really like to 'try before you buy'. Does anyone know of a decent binocular stockist in the Essex area?

Alan

agree with cameraworld - i have been there - i see u are chelmsford based so not far ! def check out those that knobby has linked, i alse have a pair of William optics... they are fantastic - as long as you have something to lean on (like a broom or fence or car etc) and can steady them they are actually better in some cases than scopes. good luck :)

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have experience with the Canon IS range of binoculars?

I'm looking to possibly get a pair before I go on holiday at the weekend, i'll be out at sea so it should be really dark!

I was considering the 15x50 IS.

Thanks!

Daniel

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone have experience with the Canon IS range of binoculars?

I'm looking to possibly get a pair before I go on holiday at the weekend, i'll be out at sea so it should be really dark!

I was considering the 15x50 IS.

Thanks!

Daniel

What bins did you get Daniel, and how was the trip?

Hey Knobby,

Unfortunately the other half wasn't too keen on me purchasing these before our holiday even when I said they were half the price they were :D I was given a budget of £30.. so ended up using my eyes instead!

The holiday was great though, as it was a cruise we literally where in the middle of the Mediterranean at one point and i've never seen the sky so dark before! We actually went out each evening and laid down on the top deck, one of the best sights was a setting Saturn, I could almost make out the rings!

I think I must have mentioned wishing I had the binoculars every day of that holiday, my next one is in April so will look to getting them closer to then!

Seems like it's been quiet around here, everyone else on holiday too?

Indeed. Mind you I have been out for the last two nights. Sunday with a mate of mine who wanted to know how to use a scope, and saw some nice sights, though I was focusing on double stars. He was also out again last night...

Last night, no scope, just a beer and a reclining chair. Not sure But I think the ISS went over as well...the tracker showed it passing over Southern England. not sure what its meant to look like though....very strange object....went in at midnight when the beer ran out, and I started to fall asleep in the chair ;-)

Will be out tonight as well after midnight...I hope. Meant to be clear.

Archived