Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hyperion Click-Stop has stopped clicking

Hi, pretty much says it all in the title. Went to use my baader hyp mk3 last night and it was going no where :(

Twisted a little but not as it should, it had always been at bit tight at the bottom end but now nothing.

Anyone else had similar ?

i am already missing it but could do without spending £189 on another one but I will if I have as I love.

any advice ?

justin

Thanks Rory, I best get on to FLO. :D

Checked invoice through FLO and I purchased on 8th July 2011 phew!

mail sent to FLO hope they work Saturdays:)

result mate :smile: . flo have a good rep, they'll be helpful for sure.

hi,

i had mine just under 2 years before it packed up. the warranty is 2 years on the zoom so i sent mine back with less than a month of the warranty left. im currently awaiting a replacement to be sent. dont hesitate on contacting flo, they seem really helpful in my experience with them, they even advised me on how to get mine replaced and i didnt even buy mine from them, although i have spent a few quid perusing their site.

I sent mine back on the 22 April and i am still waiting for a replacement, the store i bought it from have contacted me via email stating it has been returned to their supplier and is sat in a date order queue awaiting inspection before its replaced.

Greg.

Good to hear Greg.

i purchased it from FLO and I have always found them exceptionally helpful and only ever buy from others if they don't have something. I am we'll aware of the dangers of prerusng their site :) had to give by credit card to the wife which was fine until they started accepting paypal :)

The Hyperion zoom has been on my radar for quite a while as I do like the idea of being able to switch eyepieces without actually removing one and replacing it into the scope. But I have read too many reports about the reliability of it. I had thought that Baader had sorted the problems out with it. However this particular one is nearly 2 years old, so it in all probability it is one of the old ones? It would be interesting to hear about ones that are a little newer, although this would mean that chances are they would be working ok anyway. The real tester would be 18 months 2 years down the line.

Just in case any forum member has one of these, that has seized up, just a short time out of warranty, if your retail outlet refuses to deal with the matter, I would strongly recommend writing to Baader direct. On two occasions over the years, I have had course to go down this path with the company in question, they seem to want to go that extra mile to preserve their public image, and I received excellent service from them :)

• 1 month later...

Archived