Comet C2011 L4 PanSTARRS & Andromeda Galaxy from Cheviot Hills

Really nice pic.

As a side note it amused me to see where the pic was taken from as I was born in a town called Cheviot whichhas a nearby river called the "Jed" river. Obviously this is in New Zealand but I wonder if the early settlers came from that area.

Andy

Thanks!

Really nice pic.

As a side note it amused me to see where the pic was taken from as I was born in a town called Cheviot whichhas a nearby river called the "Jed" river. Obviously this is in New Zealand but I wonder if the early settlers came from that area.

Thanks ...& yes, most likely names do come from 'the old country', there is 'Jed Water' which joins the 'River Teviot' in the same area, the Cheviot Hills split the England/Scotland border in the eastern borders.

Mike

valefor

is your camera modded in any way?

No ...standard 'off the shelf' so to speak.

This was imaged between 3.30am & 4.00am ....bitterly cold even before wind chill....cold temperature probably helped keep noise levels down, everything covered in ice including the camera by sunrise.

Mike

• 3 months later...

Archived