Milky Way from Strathy Point,Sutherland.

Lovely stuff Stewart, the figure really makes the first pic. Either you or your mate is very good at standing still for 30 seconds.

Superb images - not sure your standing too steady in the first image - something to keep the cold out!

Lovely stuff Stewart, the figure really makes the first pic. Either you or your mate is very good at standing still for 30 seconds.

Superb images - not sure your standing too steady in the first image - something to keep the cold out!

Thanks for your comments guys.Not me in the photo.Its our Astronomy group Chairman.Normally he would have been standing at 45 degrees into the wind. ;-) given the frequency of our gales

but for once it was a lovely calm night.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for your comments guys.Not me in the photo.Its our Astronomy group Chairman.Normally he would have been standing at 45 degrees into the wind. ;-) given the frequency of our gales

but for once it was a lovely calm night.

Not been checking out the forums for a while, so have just spotted this one Stewart.

We had amazing views of the Milky Way that night and yours pics are fab as always, however based on the first photo I think I need to loose some weight! :Envy: In my defense, expecting wilder conditions I did have 2 jackets on, with various accessories (binoculars, gloves, torches etc stuffed inside the jacket). If you warn me next time I'll try to do a better impersonation of a statue, wind permitting of course ;-)

We must return to this spot in the autumn/winter when the milky way is to the W and NW away from the line of sight of any light pollution. I can't wait to see what your 5DMkIII would make of that.

Gordon

Not been checking out the forums for a while, so have just spotted this one Stewart.

We had amazing views of the Milky Way that night and yours pics are fab as always, however based on the first photo I think I need to loose some weight! :Envy: In my defense, expecting wilder conditions I did have 2 jackets on, with various accessories (binoculars, gloves, torches etc stuffed inside the jacket). If you warn me next time I'll try to do a better impersonation of a statue, wind permitting of course ;-)

We must return to this spot in the autumn/winter when the milky way is to the W and NW away from the line of sight of any light pollution. I can't wait to see what your 5DMkIII would make of that.

Gordon

Sorry Gordon,never noticed this post.Yes,i'm certainly up for a visit in the Autumn,The milky way should be even more prominent then.Dont worry about the weight,its lens distortion ;-)

Archived