Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NEQ6/EQ6 Confusion? On Ebay For £650.

The difference between an NEQ6 and an EQ6 is that the former has a dual Losmandy/Vixen dovetail clamp and an extension piece for the counterbalance bar. As the vendor mentions the weights but not the extension bar it is probably not an NEQ6 - not an issue I don't think unless you want to go Losmandy dovetail fit in which case a suitable adapter would put the overall price up too much. I'd ask the vendor for confirmation of the dovetail clamp type.

Looks like this one has the Vixen puck only. My NEQ6 came with the larger dual fit puck and extension bar. It really doesn't matter unless you need the new features. I hang a 10" Newt on mine occasionally, so the extension bar is handy.

I'd be surprised if you could buy a pukka EQ6 new from retail at this time. I got my NEQ6 a couple of years ago I think, so it's pretty likely that all EQ6s will have left the retail channel by now. If in doubt though, confirm with the retailer.

My NEQ6 didn't include the extension bar and the puck was a Vixen only one. I think you get whatever Skywatcher throw in the box at the time!

Yep me too - I bought mine about 3 years ago. Think we must have got them when SW were in transition with the naming of the mount and the changes to the bits and bobs that you got with it (or didn't get in our case).

Archived