Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Unreachable Skywatcher Web Site

AndyWB

Like I said on t'other thread, it works for me using Chrome. I just tried it in Internet Explorer and that works too.

DNS issue perhaps?

Maybe they're just limiting the number of people who can access their amazing new 2 for 1 offer on all items? :wink::evil::grin:

Like I said on t'other thread, it works for me using Chrome. I just tried it in Internet Explorer and that works too.

DNS issue perhaps?

Maybe they're just limiting the number of people who can access their amazing new 2 for 1 offer on all items? :wink::evil::grin:

Ok thanks didn't see the other thread. That offer sounds good :grin:

skywatcher.com is down sky-watcher.net is OK.

Isn't this their old web site :confused:

If I request http://www.skywatcher.com/ from a number of locations in the UK then I get an error after quite a long pause. If I log in on a server in the US and request the same page, at the same time, I get a page back almost immediately. In both instances the request goes via CloudFlare and I think they have broken something within their proxy.

http://ca.skywatcher.com/ does appear to work for me however. I assume it's meant to be the Canadian version of the site.

James

Hah! If I try to use their "contact us" page to tell them their website is broken, it won't accept any email address I enter because it is not "official" enough. What twelve year old created this website?

James

Perhaps if it works for you then you could fill in their feedback page and tell them that CloudFlare is returning errors for some UK users? On the other hand, if their main site is running the same code as their CA site you won't be able to because now I've looked at the validation code the use for email addresses, it will always fail :(

James

I can still access the websites this morning but the pages are loading very slowly, The customer support page took an age to load and then froze and I don't have time to wait again. :sad: .......it just loaded as I was typing this. However, the" contact us" just gives you a list of their distributors !!!! so no joy there.

I'm still not having any problems connecting to the site but I can't for the life of me find a simple contact page, they seem to delegate all contact info to their suppliers. And it redirects me to the Canadian site.

I did find this on their site though, probably not of a lot of help.

Update Java mayhaps?

System settings

Recommended web browsers:

The website is designed for use with the most common browsers. For optimum results, we recommend you use the latest version of Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Apple Safari, as browser performance may differ depending on the version and manufacturer.

You might need to upgrade your Web browser software, follow one of the links listed below:

Resolution and colour depth:

A monitor resolution of at least 1,024 x 768 pixels is recommended to view the website optimally. The maximum colour depth should be set in your computer's system settings to ensure the highest levels of usability.

Javascript and Java:

Some Web pages and Web-based applications require the web browser to support Javascript and to accept session-based cookies.

By default, the major Web browsers are configured to handle all above requirement.

How do I enable cookies?

To enable cookies, please follow these instructions:

Internet Explorer 6.0:

1. On the Tools menu, select Internet Options.
  2. Click the Privacy tab.
  3. Ensure that the privacy level is set no higher than Medium High.
  4. Click the OK button.

Internet Explorer 5.0:

1. On the Tools menu, select Internet Options.
  2. Click the Security tab.
  3. If the security level is set to Custom, you can change it to another setting such as Medium or click the Custom Level... button. Then, under Cookies, click Enable for both options.
  4. Click OK.

Netscape 7.1:

1. On the Edit menu, select Preferences.
  2. Click Privacy & Security, and then Cookies. (If you can't see Cookies directly under Privacy & Security, try either clicking the triangle to the left of Privacy & Security or double clicking on Privacy & Security.)
  3. Click Enable All Cookies.
  4. Click OK.

How do I enable Javascript?

To enable Javascript, please follow these instructions:

Internet Explorer 5.0 (and higher):

1. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options, and then click the Security tab.

2. Click the Custom Level... button.

3. Scroll to the Scripting section.

4. Verify that Active scripting is enabled.

5. Click OK to apply your selection, and OK again to close the Internet Options dialog box.

Netscape 7.1:

1. On the Edit menu, click Preferences...

2. Click Advanced and select Scripts & Plugins.

3. In the Enable Javascript for box, make sure that the Navigator check box is checked.

Archived