Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

refractor.

What do you want to observe with your refractor?

You can get a Skywatcher Evostar 100ED for planets or SW Evostar 150 or Bresser AR152 achromat for DSO.

.... and here is what that combination might look like. SW ED100 on the right and ES AR152 (and SW ST80) on the left.

Refractors_zps6622af46.jpg

Lyra optics do a lovely 4 inch achro. You should also consider the wonderful TAL 100RS. If you want to go larger you may get lucky and be able to find a ED120 second hand for £750, if not you might like to take a look at an ED100 if want a good value apo.

.... and here is what that combination might look like. SW ED100 on the right and ES AR152 (and SW ST80) on the left.

I just love the fact that you happened to have the scopes setup for this image = serendipity. A very fine collection Patrice!

Looking at your current equipment I think I'd be thinking about spending £300 on an 8" F/6 dobsonian to be honest with you. That will outperform any refractor within your budget and your current scope by a significant margin. Enough change left over for a TAL 100 to satisfy your refractor cravings as well :smiley:

Archived