Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moving objects

So I have witnessed this is the past once but last night, whilst galaxy hunting on my new 8" dob something passed through my view basiclly what appeared as a 'star' moving at quite a pace, I managed to follow it for a while then lost it then another fainter object passed by accross the lense?

First throughts was aircraft but I am pretty certain it wasn't and there was no evidence via naked eye.. any ideas?

There are literally thousands of satellites up there going round in one direction or another. A clear night, yours eyes and a couple of hours will get a count easily into double figures.

If it were warmer have any kids sit out and look around for say half an hour when dark and get them to count how many they see.

There are literally thousands of satellites up there going round in one direction or another. A clear night, yours eyes and a couple of hours will get a count easily into double figures.

If it were warmer have any kids sit out and look around for say half an hour when dark and get them to count how many they see.

Satellites are like buses..............never one when you want one and then 10 come at the same time.

I think I saw at least four satellites and one meteor cross my fov last night as I was galaxy hunting. I'm sure it was a meteor as it went through at heck of a rate! It's incredible and a bit alarming how much stuff is up there:blink:

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk HD

Archived