NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from south of France !

DanH

Thanks to all of you !

It is surprising to see all the welcome feedback on a simple "Hello" post.

I have never seen that anywhere else, even if I personally own a -french speaking- webmaster's bulletin board since 2003 (based on IPB as well)

Astronomy and astrophotography are my main hobbies, computers outsourcing is my main job, and I like to play music as well. That last activity helps a lot while waiting for a new mount ou clear skies. ;)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dan,

I'm an Englishman living N of Sisteron, near Orpierre, and running an astronomy and astrophotography guest house. My wife is French so no going back!

Feel free to call and see us if you're in the area.

Olly

http://ollypenrice.smugmug.com/Other/Best-of-Les-Granges/22435624_WLMPTM#!i=2277139556&k=FGgG233

Hi Olly,

I already visited your site and could well jump to your place one day ... but it won't be for a full week I'm afraid, just for a weekend if that could be organized.

I'm living approx. one hour drive from your place, further south (in Rognes, 20km north of Aix-en-Provence)

I see that Jldo69 is another frenchie awaiting his GM1000 HPS ... we'll start a club south of France !

Hi Olly,

I already visited your site and could well jump to your place one day ... but it won't be for a full week I'm afraid, just for a weekend if that could be organized.

I'm living approx. one hour drive from your place, further south (in Rognes, 20km north of Aix-en-Provence)

I see that Jldo69 is another frenchie awaiting his GM1000 HPS ... we'll start a club south of France !

Rognes?? Amazing. My wife was living there when we met so I know it very well. It's also the home town of Laurent Jallabert, I believe.

Olly

Hi Rich,

You shouldn't be jealous for now, as I still haven't received the mount :)

But I should get it later this month, if all goes well.

I'm really looking forward to the very fist picture I'll be able to do with it !

Hello and welcome to the forum.

At least where you are you know *you will* get good weather later on in the year, even if its a bad patch now. In UK we can have this cloud for months (and have had!)

Anyway, enough of my whining and bonjour ;-)

Hi Kirkster,

Yes, we are kind of lucky regarding the weather in south of France !

But as I've beel living in Brussels for 30 years, I know the kind of weather you have in UK.

I worked for one year in London, and have been quite impressed to see gals wearing mini skirts even when outside temperature was below 10°

• 3 weeks later...

Archived