Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

strathspey

I am in Ireland. About 4 yrs ago i bought online a pair of 20x90 BIG bins from Strathspey. The bins are of top quality and John who runs the company is a great guy.

I would have no concern in my mind about telling others to purchase from Strathpey.

The 20x90 bins are BIG and heavy, so you do need a tripod to mount them on. I'm a big guy and even i can only hold them handheld for about 30 seconds.

When they arrive to you, the size and weight really does take you by suprise.

On a moonless night, you can detect certain galaxies, they are that good.

Graham you can, within reason, fit anything to an EQ5 tripod if you have the DIY skills, to start with Scope n Skies advertise a nice solid metal three way camera mount for about £25 that will hold such as a video camera or heavy binoculars, which will only require bolting to the top of the tripod :)

John.

I bought the Strathspey 10x50 binoculars from them over Christmas and have been impressed by them, especially as they only cost £44. Everyone I've shared them with has been in awe of how well they work and how clear the image is, and when I tell them the price they can't believe they cost so little.

The person who manufactures them (John) is a gent and has been friendly and approchable with any questions I've had about his giant binoculars. Indeed, they are so nice that they even processed my order before I'd even had the opportunity to pay for my binoculars.

Great binoculars and a great sense of satisfaction from knowing that John is there to help or offer guidance if it is required.

Enjoy your binoculars and I'd be interested in reading your thoughts on their performance as I'm hoping to buy some big binoculars from him later on in the year.

I bought the Strathspey 10x50 binoculars from them over Christmas and have been impressed by them, especially as they only cost £44. Everyone I've shared them with has been in awe of how well they work and how clear the image is, and when I tell them the price they can't believe they cost so little.

The person who manufactures them (John) is a gent and has been friendly and approchable with any questions I've had about his giant binoculars. Indeed, they are so nice that they even processed my order before I'd even had the opportunity to pay for my binoculars.

Great binoculars and a great sense of satisfaction from knowing that John is there to help or offer guidance if it is required.

Enjoy your binoculars and I'd be interested in reading your thoughts on their performance as I'm hoping to buy some big binoculars from him later on in the year.

Strathspey is an importer, they do not manufacture, they come from the same factory in China as many other brands. Kunming Optics. That said Strathspey have a good reputation when it comes to customer support, which counts for a lot.

I did wonder If they manufactured or not. I think the important thing is if they are manufactured up To a standard not down to a price. I have read nothing but glowing reports about these binos & will be ordering a pair of 20x90s shortly. I will definitely post a report of my opinion on them. Thanks for all your input.

Archived