Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

This is the first time I have ever seen Mars

beamer3.6m

I was so pleased that I had managed to find Mars that I decided to have a go at imaging it.

The result is not great as the image scale is so small, despite using a 2x barlow. I tried two barlows together but the image quality was poor and the focus was off.

This is a stack of 797 frames taken with the Toucam Pro II with the 200mm Explorer on the HEQ5 mount. I was very pleased with the tracking and think I could have got more frames but I got excited at 2002 frames and stopped recording.

2156_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I think it is ok for a start but I just wish I could have got a larger image to stack.

Not bad at all! You really mean you've never, ever seen Mars, even naked-eye? Wow, that would be a thrill!

nope, never ever seen it. only thought i would be able to see a red star si was captivated by the planet last night.

it was one of those nights which makes you remember why you got a scope.

Archived