Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tired of not finding any objects? Heres a nice tip

as you all know it can be frustrating locating those DSO,s so armed with a good star chart and a telrad finder this is the easiest way to pick them out. all you do is cop the telrad circles on to the laminating papper and put it through the machine giving you a up close view of were you should be putting them circles on the night sky, this method i used with my old 16inch and bagged 33 NGC Galaxy's in just a few hours, its best to start with a wide EP say 25mm or 32mm as long as your telrad is algined well to the scope this little trick does the job, without it i would be hopeless, hope this helps

Dan

post-6284-0-47399400-1362503322_thumb.jp

Personally I have a goto. But as per ronin I also spend a while, when i know conditions are going to be good making a plan of things to see. Always find jupiter in there as well as the great nebula and pleiades. Then whatever i can figure out as being achievable from my LPd garden. N through w to south. Basically 180 of viewing :-(

Hi Dan, nice idea.

Here's a link to all the Messier objects with Telrad finder rings. Just click on the M number and you get a chart with the rings.

http://www.solarius....messier_finders

Regards, Ed.

If you want to print these of, just remember you are likely to be viewing these charts from the view of a red torch. So print off the chart in grayscale or black and white otherwise you simply wont see it.

Archived