Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC1805 - Into the heart of my first HST Palette

Sp@ce_d

A lot of my inspiration to take up AP came from seeing the Hubble Images and yet I've only now got around to having a go at my first image with the Hubble Palette.

In typical fashion the only recent clear nights have been this week on a full moon, so it does go to show how useful a mono CCD with narrowband filters really is.

6 hrs Ha

4 hrs SII

4 hrs OIII

Taken on the 314L+/ZS66 & processed in PixInsight

I consider this a Work in Progress but thought I should share this for some constructive feedback.. I've had some nice green and purple versions and just about everything in between!

post-11176-0-54741300-1362270188_thumb.j

Lots of colour there! Maybe a bit too much on the saturation, so try backing this off a little - colour is very much a personal preference though. With 14 hours, you've certainly got lots of data so you should be able to stretch & sharpen reasonably well. Not too sure what processing you've actually done - I like the image, but the one area that needs some attention perhaps are the stars, they tend to stick out on stalks a bit & often have dark halos around them. If you've not done so already, try protecting the star layer at the very beginning and process the nebulosity layer alone. When done, just paste the stars back in, sometimes this reduces considerably the halos around them.

Archived