NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What size finder-scope for 130p

You would be better off with the 9X50, finding objects in the sky is the same problem regardless of the size of the main telescope. There is every chance that you will upgrade your size of telescope in the future, the 9X50 will be even more appreciated then. :smiley: :smiley:

I prefer a Telrad or a Rigel Quikfinder over an optical finder most of the time although the ideal solution is to have both. For the optical RACI a 50mm aperture would be a better choice.

The bigger the better. I use a telrad to get me to get me there, and an Orion correct image 9x50 for lining up. The correct image finder makes it very easy, for you're seeing exactly the same orientation as through the telrad. Once you're lined up, it doesn'tt matter what way round it is.

I would also recommend the 50mm finder over the smaller 30mm version. Aperture can really help on a finder, specially when hunting faint fuzzies. The RDF types are useful too but from LP skies their guide stars are somewhat limited.

Just so you know, the 9x50 is quite big, but not as big as the Telrad.

RACI on Heritage:

Telrad on Heritage:

Of course, it's the 130 on an EQ mount, so the tube is much longer, the Telrad or 9x50 won't look so big..

Just so you know, the 9x50 is quite big, but not as big as the Telrad.

RACI on Heritage:

Telrad on Heritage:

Of course, it's the 130 on an EQ mount, so the tube is much longer, the Telrad or 9x50 won't look so big..

Thanks, that's perfect. Now why couldn't I find that earlier :)

Archived