tiny black spec

if i look down the tube of my dob 200p slightly left of centre i can see a tiny black spec, im quite certain it wont effect viewing but its a little annoying, any suggestions?? i really dont want to take it apart cause ive only had it a few days and still not sure how to use it.

is it stuck on the mirror? try tipping it upside down gently if it doesn't move , you could very gently get a hoover hose with extension and the brush section and very carefully try and hoover it, obviously be very careful, you might need to re-collimate it after just to be sure..

if i look down the tube of my dob 200p slightly left of centre i can see a tiny black spec, im quite certain it wont effect viewing but its a little annoying, any suggestions?? i really dont want to take it apart cause ive only had it a few days and still not sure how to use it.

I've got hairs, dust, specks; all sorts on mine lol

I've not even considered cleaning it.

I have what looks like tiny hairs, dust, specks and the like on my mirrors, when looking down the empty focus tube illuminated by moon light a while back.... I've hardly used the scope from new taking great care, so it's seems inevitable that they collect tiny hairs, dust and specks......stopped looking ignorance is bliss... :laugh:

Archived