Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

2nd attempt at processing my first images of Jupiter

lensman57

Hi,

I have reprocessed another video that I took from Jupiter last week, it is from my back garden and as normal there are a few street lights within twenty yards of the scope, the seeing was moderate with a lot of turbulance and moisture in the air, all comments are very much welcome as I need to gain the experience. It was taken on an SW 127 on an AZ goto mount and an optic star 75C planetary camera.

Regards,

A.G

post-28808-0-54902900-1361932687_thumb.j

Hi to all,

Thank you all for your nice and constructive comments, Indo take the point about sharpening, perhaps just one pass in the corel paint shop pro rather than 2 and some more careful wavelet application, BTW I have downloaded RegiStax 5 which is a bit unstable on my Win7-64 but I seem toprefer it to the RegiStax 6. What do you think?

Regards,

A.G

Hi,

I have reprocessed another video that I took from Jupiter last week, it is from my back garden and as normal there are a few street lights within twenty yards of the scope, the seeing was moderate with a lot of turbulance and moisture in the air, all comments are very much welcome as I need to gain the experience. It was taken on an SW 127 on an AZ goto mount and an optic star 75C planetary camera.

Regards,

A.G

Wow. I am a newbie here and am totally impessed. Am so wondering if I will be able to get shots close to that with my newly ordered celestron se 4 (1500mm I think) Will be using it with nikom d7000. Any replies will be appreciated........Ray Will have scope tomorrow.

Archived