NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Why did I sell it?

K3ny0n

Just my luck.

I had two standard Canon EF 18-55mm lenses for my 1000D which is modded, So I deceided to sell one of them a few weeks back leaving me with one.

On tuesday I'm off to the lakes for a few nights stay with my girlfriend for my birthday present and was hoping to get some widefield images of the milkway, up untill I dropped the lens and basically smashed it to bits.

Boo!

Rob.

Absolutely gutted! I take it you didnt have any more lenses with you otherwise we would be seeing the fruits of your labour right now.

I'm yet to go, I go Tuesday coming. Going to have to try and see if I can pick one up from somewhere.

Rob.

Watch out for used 18-55mm Canon lenses.. a lot have a common defect which throws up 'error 99' at one end of the zoom range.... caused by fatigue cracks in a flexible printer circuit wire lead, which flexes during zooming.

Better to buy new, as this is a very common fault... I know!

Although it's probably not wide enough for your purposes, you might like to consider the Canon 50 mm F1 .8. It's pretty cheap, and a very sharp wide open. Just a thought.

Really? I've got one and wider than F3.5 I find it isn't that much better than the kit zoom, especially at the dges.. The sweet spot, edge to edge is F4.5 - F8. Oh! And don't drop one. I don't know what they made them from, but it may as well be bakelite!

That said, I wouldn't do without a nifty fifty in the bag. It's a great lens for indoor and/or people.

Russell

Archived