NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Can't get moasic to stitch

Ibbo!

So how can it be done maually

My thoughts are PS and layer them,but how do you blend in the joints so it's not too obvious (I believe its done with dodge /burn)

suggestions welcome and a link would be great

Steve

Are you having problems with Photoshop Photomerge? if so, what version? do you have 'Interactive layout' on the Photomerge screen? If not load it from here

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/thankyou.jsp?ftpID=4688&fileID=4376 (if you have CS5) if you have another version you will have to hunt for the optional plugin package for that version.

Then when you use this function you can click and drag all your images to where they should be, then Photoshop will do all the blending work for you.

Alexandra

Steve, have you tried MS ICE, it's free and has a small footprint. You open it and then eith drag and drop or insert by selection, there is very little to do and spits your mosaic out easily. The only problem I have found in doing masaics is if I don't use a tripod the photos may not be accurate enough to stitch and the other is the camera is on auto rather than manual.

Jim

If your camera incorporates the EXIF information into each shot, then you can try Hugin which is free open-source panoramic photo-stitching software http://hugin.sourceforge.net/. It runs on Windows, Mac and Linux platforms.

Some find it not very instinctive to use, but I use it exclusively for stitching any form of graphics. It's free so you can try it and bin it if you don't like it.

Archived