Atik 314L+ and EFW2 has arrived, let the questions begin :-)

springbok

Hi All,

Finally got my Atik 314L+ and EFW2, Baader LRGB and Baader Narrowband filter set.

Sorry for the continued cloud cover.

1st Q for confirmation.

I see how to attach the 314L to the EFW2, so that end is OK.

How do you connect the other end i.e EFW2 to in my case a WOZ ZS70?

Presuming I use the supplied extension tube onto the EFW2 and ;

FLO has these 2 items as options with the Atik.

Is it the Atik M54 to M42 T M-F adapter, to go from filter wheel thread to a T adapter.

http://www.firstligh...-t-adapter.html

And then a T adapter to step down to a 1.25 size, and then that just goes into the WOZ as a normal eyepiece would.

FLO 1.25-inch T mount camera adapter.

http://www.firstligh...ra-adapter.html

If that is the one, I have one of these, for connecting my DSLR via a t adaptor.

Thanks in advance.

Grahame.

• 1 month later...

Howdy,

I was wondering if you could give me some feedback on the EFW2? I am looking for another wheel and I am hoping this one will do the job.

Do you use it on a hub, is it a powered or unpowered hub? Has there been any filter wheel drop outs(usb disconnects) when changing from one filter to the other? Any other problems that you have come accross.?

Could you post a picture of your camera wheel set up?

thanks,

Graham. :smiley:

I have been absolutely delighted with my EFW2 :) Beautifully designed and engineered - excellent quality :) The USB is connected to a powered hub and I have never had a problem with it (using Artemis Capture to control it). It performs perfectly and is fast and quiet when changing filters.

Here's a photo of the EFW2 with Atik 314L+ mono CCD camera on my ED80 with focal reducer and adapters.

post-13131-0-40999100-1365151675_thumb.j

Gina, that is a nice setup.

Does the changing of the filter cause any vibration? I assume its all fairly minimal but I've been wondering if it has any affect on the guiding. Being as clumsy as I am, I always stop the gudiing before manually changing filter position. I find it best not to upset PHD too much!!

I admit that am tempted to get a EFW2.

It doesn't upset guiding at all :) Well, not to disrupt PHD. I haven't actually watched the PHD graph during filter change - I'll try that sometime, but there certainly isn't any problem and any vibration. In fact I have placed a finger on the filter wheel when it's been changing filters and can hardly feel anything.

Congratulations on your new camera, I fancy one myself but the colour type, not as good but quicker.

Alan

No Alan, slower by a perceptible margin. There is no doubt about this. I've owned both for some time. For an equivalent quality mono is faster.

Olly

I have been absolutely delighted with my EFW2 :) Beautifully designed and engineered - excellent quality :) The USB is connected to a powered hub and I have never had a problem with it (using Artemis Capture to control it). It performs perfectly and is fast and quiet when changing filters.

Here's a photo of the EFW2 with Atik 314L+ mono CCD camera on my ED80 with focal reducer and adapters.

post-13131-0-40999100-1365151675_thumb.j

Gina,

What type of adaptor do you use to attach the camera and filter wheel to the SW FF/FR? I am on the verge of purchasing an Atik CCD (not decided on the 314 or 383 yet) and I have the same set up as you, 80ED with focal reducer. Also, FLO give the option of reflective (more expensive) or absorptive Baader filters, is there a noticeable difference in these?

Tony

Gina,

What type of adaptor do you use to attach the camera and filter wheel to the SW FF/FR? I am on the verge of purchasing an Atik CCD (not decided on the 314 or 383 yet) and I have the same set up as you, 80ED with focal reducer. Also, FLO give the option of reflective (more expensive) or absorptive Baader filters, is there a noticeable difference in these?

Tony

48mm to T2 adapter from TS plus T2 extrension tubes of 3mm and 8mm.

The more expensive filters are parfocal and intended for use with CCD cameras. I've never tried the absorbtive type so don't know how much difference there is.

Archived