Hello from Stoke

Astro_Gaz

Hello I'm Gaz

I borrowed my mates telescope a few years ago, I now find myself addicted I have recently purchased a HEQ5 mount and now saving for a new scope , I also have a massive love for photography so naturally I will be combining both hobbies,

anyways I just wanted to say hello and I look forward to conversing with many of you

Gaz

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to SGL

Whilst you're saving you might find it useful to invest in a copy of Steve Richards "Making Every Photon Count" which will give you a good idea of what you're getting yourself into with astrophotography and quite possibly save you a load of money too.

James

Cheers james i kinda got my heart set on skywatchers Explorer-190MN DS-PRO, but it never hurts to be more clued up, I will give it a browse

I'd ask for advice in one of the imaging sections about the MN190. I have the impression that it's quite demanding of beginners and that you may be doing yourself a big favour if you choose something a little easier to work with such as an ED80. I know a few SGL members do have them, so it would be worth picking their brains.

James

Will do cheers, I have had a nexstar 4se for a couple of years now, just updated the mount recently as could only get a max of 30 second exposures from the standard Alt Az mount, unlike last weekend I was getting 5 minute exposures (no guide scope) on my HEQ5. The difference between my photos is staggering, I just feel my 4" beginners scope no longer cuts the mustard. But I plan on doing some research before taking the plunge.

Thanks for the kind advice James :-)

I'd ask for advice in one of the imaging sections about the MN190. I have the impression that it's quite demanding of beginners and that you may be doing yourself a big favour if you choose something a little easier to work with such as an ED80. I know a few SGL members do have them, so it would be worth picking their brains.

James

Archived