NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skysafari Plus or Pro?

hi all. i have just bought my first smart phone (yes i have now finally made it to the 21st century lol) and have been looking around at astronomy apps and going by other posts on sgl skysafari seems quite popular, but there are 3 versions. i've ruled out the first one as I think it is too basic but i can't decide on the other two. is the pro version really worth the extra £15 or will the plus version be enough? what do people think. cheers.

Agree with Kev above..Its absolutely fine.

Kev not seen your posts for a bit and you are a mod!!How are things back in Ynys Mon..

Hwyl!

currently in Snowdonia, playing at Trawsfynydd lol The mod thing was strange, I was invited to this stargazing do and woke up in red, very odd.

I'll probably upgrade to Pro (from Plus) next time it's on promotion... even from my badly LP garden, I've seen stars with my C8 that weren't in SS+ ... and before any one smarts me, I _was_ in the right place :D

Should probably add that it doesn't mean you should get Pro right away, you can always upgrade... but there is a lot of stuff in Plus :cool:

I'll probably upgrade to Pro (from Plus) next time it's on promotion... even from my badly LP garden, I've seen stars with my C8 that weren't in SS+ ... and before any one smarts me, I _was_ in the right place :D

Should probably add that it doesn't mean you should get Pro right away, you can always upgrade... but there is a lot of stuff in Plus :cool:

only snag about upgrading is I think you have to buy the pro outright, I don't think you can just pay the difference :huh: , not at the moment anyway. plus is sufficient for me at the moment. :smiley:

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone tell me what the moon maps are like on the PLUS version, are they anygood?

I've found them useless, to be honest. I mean the picture's very pretty, but when you turn labels on it's hard to tell what's what, and there's no information available if you want it either.

On another thread recently someone suggested the Moon Globe app, which is quite good.

Plus does everything I need, but I said the same thing about the £1.99 version when I used that.

The main difference I noticed when upgrading from the really cheap one is the number of objects, specifically stars. Having upgraded, the screen far more accurately reflects what I see in my finder.

Can anyone tell me what the moon maps are like on the PLUS version, are they anygood?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

After seeing this I thought I'd have a look. You can turn the labels/names off to just show the moon surface if you want to. If you have the labels on you get more as you zoom in and vice versa. I'm looking on an iPad which looks ok to me, I suppose it might look a bit squashed on a phone. (Im using plus)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived