Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Me Nan!

Tom2012

Good morning everyone! Long time no type!

Last time I had the scope out was the beginning of January! My nan had been pestering me to let her have a kook through the 200p beast. The weather hadn't been the best and this particular day was no exception. Cloudy, misty, foggy and damp.

To cut a story short, at about 20:00 it completely went clear so I let the 200p cool and got ready.

30 minutes later focussed on Jupiter and let my nan help herself to it. "oh my god. That's amazing. Oh my god" They were her words. She's been in to astronomy (reading and watching programmes) for years. She was absolutely amazed at Jupiter. Pointed at Pleiades and she couldn't believe the amount of stars that became visible. Also pointed at Andromeda galaxy. She wasn't really impressed with that one. Her words were "ah. Put me back at Jupiter!" she couldn't believe the detail, patterns and just the sight of Jupiter before her eyes.

She was a very happy woman and even spoke of it a week after! Good to see the nan happy and amazed.

Hope you've all had clear and better skies than of later!

Thanks for reading.

Tom.

Sent from my LT30p using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Archived