Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Maplin Power Tank

legion48

I've had this for a week now and can attest to how useful it is. I've not had a chance to use it with the scope yet, but have already used it to jump started my sons car AND pump up his nearly flat front offside tyre!

BTW, it was £39.99 and is 17AH.

I've had this for a week now and can attest to how useful it is. I've not had a chance to use it with the scope yet, but have already used it to jump started my sons car AND pump up his nearly flat front offside tyre!

BTW, it was £39.99 and is 17AH.

Sounnds like a good deal, my Celestron 7aH cost the same!

Could someone please provide a link to the Maplin site and this power tank.

I am always so confused on the Maplin site as I have very little knowledge about electronics.

Also, do you just plug this into your HEQ5 scope and away you go etc etc etc.

Just to let you guys know this is the exact same as Macro were selling a few weeks ago. £15 + VAT.

I have a problem with mine though, it works with my motors on my mount keeping them going for hours. However when I use my laptop power supply adapter I get about 2 hours out of the thing :evil: Surely not correct? 2 hrs from a 17AH unit, it's a laptop, they are supposed to be low powered :smiley:

A 17Ah 12v pack can kick out 204 VA. My laptop wants 15v 6A, or 90 VA an hour.... take into account the power loss in the 12V to 15V (or 18V) conversion, and I think I`d be lucky to get 2 hours off the pack before it switches over to using its own internal batteries

• 5 weeks later...

Just got one of these, now on offer for £19.99 (17Ah)!

Also of astro interest- I got a USB/Serial convertor - Prolific type (offer finishes this week) which connects OK between notebook usb and Synscan handset for updating etc, and the ally cases for e.p.s and bits & bobs.

Cheers

Mark

Archived