NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Addiction is it?

emadmoussa

Well, emadmoussa

i went a bit mad and, at 45, decided that I wanted to try astronomy. I thought I had better get a good telescope or I might be put off. That was the C9.25 on CG5-GT. I fell in love with the hobby....then I wanted a cheaper scope to really mess about with.....200P then a dob, then a refractor, then cameras and guiding; a couple more mounts :) Perhaps it's because I live on my own? Hehe

Dave

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

..the C9.25 is,by many to be,if it's possible,to be the best all-round scope..i stand to be corrected of course..

For that reason I am also looking for one - they are so good very few come up for sale used and in good nick. Very, very few people complain about them.

That is the trouble..The weight...The views are stunning, though! for planetary, I clearly saw the ice caps on Mars and the rings of Jupiter very, very well....

The 200P is better suited to the EQ5 mount but the C9.25 needs the CG5GT mount and so I tend to use the 200P as a grab and go until the addiction grips again and I get the NEQ6 :)

The 9.25 is THE one to have though, really!

Seems I've been bitten by the bug too, just got my first scope on Friday, haven't even been able to get out yet because of the weather ... so I've just been reading the forum and browsing

online stores for more bits and pieces, it doesn't help that the scope came with 4 accessory catalogues too.

I'm even playing with the idea of getting a cheap scope I can just run outside with when/if there's a break in the clouds and I can sneak a peek at the moon :huh:

Shecks :icon_salut:

Archived