Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Free alternative to DSLR Focus?

cygnusx1

Some great software there Ant. Very useful for me too, as I'm about to experiment with a 300d. :smiley:

I think Kev is after something to help him get perfect focus though. I'd be particularly interested too - the last experiment with the 300d was a bit of a disaster because the focus looked Ok on the camera screen, but was awful when put onto the PC!

Helen

One way to do it(if you take a lappy outside) would be to change the resultion settings in the "Manual Mode" to jpg (instead of RAW).

Then connect up via usb and down load a jpg each time into an PS (or another). Then through trial and error you'll get pretty close.

I'm sure that Daz was using a bit of software from these people that analized an image and gave a score - the lower the number the better the focus.

I'm sure that Daz can help you out with which but of sotware it was.

Ant

What program were you using at kelling to analyse the focus? it gave you a read out on three channels and you told me that ideally needs to be below 3 on each...

Or was this something else altogether?

Ant

Someone on SGL has written a little application to put borders round images (ATM I can't find the thread and can't remember who) but they may be able to help here....

I have a feeling its Themos, but I'll check......

Archived