Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sir Partick Moore tribute.

midnight_sky_watcher

I agree with Pete above regarding the last episode of Sky@Night, because although they might not have known it was going to be his last, the fact that the programme focused primarily on beginners getting used to their new kit, it seemed a fitting tribute to a man who did so much to encourage so many in starting to observe the night sky with their own scopes.

Thanks for the heads up and will watch that later on.

James

brillant watch i recorded it and was up till 2 am watching it, amazing man did so much for astronomy, there was loads i didnt know about him , very sad story of his fiancee who died in the war and from the age of 19 he knew he'd never meet anyone again..

I recorded and watched the last episode and admit to having a tear in my eye at the end; as for many others I have grown up with Sir Patrick's advice and he was the reason I got my first telescope when a child.

I have recorded the BBC4 tribute and only got it due to a post on SGL; I do not understand why it was not advertised and shown on BBC1 or 2 as others may have missed it, maybe it's because the mainstream is now reality TV?

Archived