Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M31 or M33.

Can anyone help me last night i was looking around thr Andromeda region for it's double stars. I came across a small fuzz of light was this the Triangulum galaxy ? i have looked in TLO its says Andromeda galaxy would show its core easily and be much larger in an 8" telescope which i use. I was using 34 & 28 SWA eye pieces.

I don't know what the sky conditions were like for you last night but if they were anything like as bad as here a couple of days ago I would suspect it was M31. The skies have not been very good lately with a lot of moisture, almost to the point of being misty.

Certainly it was M31, as for others to view M81 and M82 in Ursa Major are always reasonably easy and should not be too confusing. although later in the evening will be better as you want the constellation to be better positioned. You could also try for M101 and even M51 at the same time.

HTH

Others you can see.... You can easily spend an hour or so 'in' Orion? Several to see there inc M42, M43???

I love M42 , was picking out some green in it Sat night.

Certainly it was M31, as for others to view M81 and M82 in Ursa Major are always reasonably easy and should not be too confusing. although later in the evening will be better as you want the constellation to be better positioned. You could also try for M101 and even M51 at the same time.

HTH

Thanks i will look for those :smiley:

Thanks Bish.

No problem Dave. Living in the area I know it can be a bit tricky to track down DSO's. If you're 5 miles out of Wolves you will have better skies than me so should be OK with the ones I mention.

M36, M37 and M38 are fine from my L-P garden in Gloucester with just binos....Three more off the list.

Yes these are very good. I can see them with 10x50's in my back garden quite easily. As far as nebula go, M27, M57 and the eskimo (can't remember NGC no.) are all very good targets.

Archived