Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Which planetary camera?

Tim

You can compare a little from my DSO images on my Flickr photostream.

The M97 demonstrates the kind of resolution available from the C9.25, and the M1 image for the C1100. These quickfast planetary thingymabobs are a bit involved for me, I like to be able to relax for 20 minutes or 30 minutes for each exposure :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tim_jardine/

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These quickfast planetary thingymabobs are a bit involved for me, I like to be able to relax for 20 minutes or 30 minutes for each exposure :D

That's something I really noticed when I started playing with wide field images. Planetary imaging is quite frenetic (at least it is for me :) whereas once a wide field imaging run is set up you can walk away for half an hour and do something else. I found it quite relaxing :)

James

• 9 months later...

You can compare a little from my DSO images on my Flickr photostream.

The M97 demonstrates the kind of resolution available from the C9.25, and the M1 image for the C1100. These quickfast planetary thingymabobs are a bit involved for me, I like to be able to relax for 20 minutes or 30 minutes for each exposure :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tim_jardine/

that is a cracking M97 image, the c9.25 does really seem to be the "jack of all trades" scope! i use mine for planetary imaging but have considered using it with a F6.3 focal reducer for DSO's instead of my 200PDS. are you using with or without the reducer, also is it a CCD imager or DSLR?

• 1 year later...

Archived