Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cloud, Cloud & More Cloud

AndrewG

Unfortunately I have had withdrawl symptoms given it's been cloudy since the begining of December :mad: !

On Thursday night we finally had a break in the cloud but only long enough to get 19 shots off :sad: ... I have attached the result which due to the lack if frames has a bit more noise than I would like, but I suppose it has given me a short term fix :smiley: for now.

M42 & NGC1977

Give us some clear skies please!!!

Nice one Andy how long exp for the lights.Lets hope for cloudless nights this year

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the comment - 19 x 180 sec @ ISO 1200 and used HDR wavelets to balance the core, yes lets really hope for clear skies :smiley: .

Nice result and well done for getting out!!

To me, I'd say you're losing some subtle outer nebulosity by pushing the blackpoint a bit high...you're not clipping it but there's some lovely dust surrounding the main body of the nebula. I suspect it starts to get a bit noisy though...if the clouds clear ever again, stick to it for a while, the results so far are very promising.

Rob

Great job, colors look very warm and inviting compared to my first attempt at processing this one. Thanks for sharing.

Andy - that's a very nice M42 indeed - good work.

Nice result and well done for getting out!!

To me, I'd say you're losing some subtle outer nebulosity by pushing the blackpoint a bit high...you're not clipping it but there's some lovely dust surrounding the main body of the nebula. I suspect it starts to get a bit noisy though...if the clouds clear ever again, stick to it for a while, the results so far are very promising.

Rob

That's nice :) Congratulations on finding a slice of clear sky :) Been dire, hasn't it ?! And still is :( THe fog's clamping in here :(

Thanks guys for the comments :happy9: : -

Gina, yes it's been dire and 7timer shows cloud again all week :( !

Rob, yes I did push the black point a bit because of the noise but tried not to clip the data with Photoshop; if I ever get a clear night :rolleyes: I intend to try and get at least 2 to 3 x the data (50 to 60 lights) to get the noise down and get more nebulosity, but I ain't holding my breath!

Archived