Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My new case and eyepieces

I just bought the same case, its great value for money! The only bad thing I can say about it is that a lot of the cases at Maplin have defects (like missing foam pieces in the top of the lid). So its best to go instore and pick out one in good condition if possible.

It is a good quality case considering it cost me only £24.99 from Maplin. The general body is made of solid plastic and the corner frames are all aluminum. Inside it contains partially cut small foam squares that you can push down and fit whichever piece you've got. As tingting44 mentioned to me before, there's no need to cut the foam out, you just make it loose on the sides and push the required area down.

I haven't tried the eyepieces yet because as you all know the skies have been impressively clear in the past few weeks!

(1) Plossl 42mm

(2) Plossl 32mm

(3) Plossl 26mm

(4) Plossl 20mm

(5) Plossl 17mm

(6) Plossl 12.5mm

(7) Plossl 10mm

(8) 2x parlow -- not the best of quality, it came with the scope. I doubt I'll need a barlow considering I've got high magnification eps.

(9) 10mm - came with the scope, and definitely the major reason I considered buying a Plossl replacement. Looking at moon was OK, but Jupiter definitely sucked.

(10) Plossl 7.5mm

(11) Plossl 6.3mm

(12) 25mm - came with the scope. I have to say, it's not bad at all...you can do better with Plossls I guess.

(13) Camera adaptor

post-27451-0-90013400-1357310653_thumb.j

It is a good quality case considering it cost me only £24.99 from Maplin. The general body is made of solid plastic and the corner frames are all aluminum. Inside it contains partially cut small foam squares that you can push down and fit whichever piece you've got. As tingting44 mentioned to me before, there's no need to cut the foam out, you just make it loose on the sides and push the required area down.

I haven't tried the eyepieces yet because as you all know the skies have been impressively clear in the past few weeks!

Past few months havn`t been bad either :mad: love your eye piece case though, still room for some extras :)

John.

I wish I had read this about 4 hours ago... I just got the exact same case this morning and spent about 2 hours this afternoon cutting all the foam out!! Doh!

Archived