Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

One night stand in California...

ollypenrice

Not often I post an image taken in a single night. This had an hour per channel in 10 min subs and 6x30 mins in Ha. Tak FSQ85 at F3.9.

It will be one of the last posts from our Atik 4000 since the new11000 Full Frame camera arrived an huor ago. :grin: :grin: :grin: No filters yet, or wheel, so first light won't be tonight.

I do rate the 4000 though.

Olly

CALIFORNIA%20sRGB%20HaRGB6HRS-X2.jpg

Excellent as usual Olly - besides 6 hours in a night is pretty decent (we can only dream at the moment!)

Hope you have a hassle free start with the new camera... so Santa came a bit later this year then - or 'early' depending upon your point of view!

Happy New Year!

Damian

Cheers. I meant to post the Ha as well. This could obviously be improved with more than a skimpy 3 hours but our guest is ready to move on and so am I, so we'll leave it. I've never imaged this before but I like some of the features like the strange arc showing in the upper left.

Olly

Ha%203HRS-XL.jpg

Yes, I saw that first in 'Grindle' (was that his name - the Swedish chap)????? in his narrowband image last year.... taken with his FSQ106ED on that new (unguided) mount....

Wonder what happened to him....?

Love the Ha - so much detail - that appears to get swamped when the RGB data is added..?

Damian

Yes, I saw that first in 'Grindle' (was that his name - the Swedish chap)????? in his narrowband image last year.... taken with his FSQ106ED on that new (unguided) mount....

Wonder what happened to him....?

Love the Ha - so much detail - that appears to get swamped when the RGB data is added..?

Damian

Jonas Grinde. He's fine. In fact we're working on a little project together at the moment. The mount is the very accurate 10 Micron.

I agree that the RGB does dilute the detail but I'm just not a false colour NB imager so I do the best I can. I like mono or real colour and I admire tricolour NB but it just isn't 'me.'

Olly

It wasn't a criticism Olly (I know you didn't take it as such), I just thought that you'd have found some 'magic' way of combining the data without the loss by now - come on man, you have enough practice....!

Good to her that Grinde is fine - will await some fantastic image from the two of you then....!

Damian

It wasn't a criticism Olly (I know you didn't take it as such), I just thought that you'd have found some 'magic' way of combining the data without the loss by now - come on man, you have enough practice....!

Good to her that Grinde is fine - will await some fantastic image from the two of you then....!

Damian

Heh heh, no breathroughs here! No magic here either in overcoming the laws of contrast. I've seen them written down in black and white... :icon_jokercolor::blob10:

Oh dear, I'll be off.

Over on the French forum I've been told I'm getting too American in my processing. One guy said this was more Texas than California, which raised a smile, and when I looked at Robert Gendler's California I found mine was more colourful so, yes, he might be right! http://www.robgendlerastropics.com/NGC1499NMS.html ) A bit easier on the gas, then...

CALIFORNIA%20sRGB%20HaRGB6HRSv2-X2.jpg

Archived