NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SPC900 - USB2.0???

Hi guys, well needless to say i have not had a chance to use my new SPC900 and bahtinov mask!!! so just thinking about other thing s i can figure out really,

SO the question to hand is how do i find out if i am running USB2.0 or the old slower USB port 1.0? is it

as if i am thinking clearly a usb2.0 port with the SPC900 i can run 30FPS right? and with normal USB port i will be limited to around 10FPS right? i just cant find out what im running? any ideas guys?

does this mean anything to anyone? lol...

8344587987_5f059f3248_b.jpg

USB SNPRT by tingting44, on Flickr

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10FPS is best, any higher and you'll be dissapointed with the results.

ok ill stick with 10FPS then....i was hoping for more as i can get 30FPS off of my DSLR :(

can adjusting the resolution get you higher FPS with the SPC900 then?

The best frame rate for the SPC900 is 5 fps when the atmospheric conditions are good and 10 fps when the conditions are less than perfect. Above 10 fps the data is compressesd to maintain a high frame rate.

5FPS!!! :( im not going to be able to catch the GRS with that FSP am i? :( and if i do longer expoures +3mins the final image is just going to be blury isnt it? i swear ive seen people taking breath taking images at 30FSP and higher....i will try to find the topic i was looking at :(

im looking at least for 10,000 frames, so i guess thats out the question :(

just looking at dedicated planetary cams and they can do around 100FPS!!! the documentary i was watching last night! this person was doing 1,000,000 FPS! if only eh lol :(

LOVELY job titch!!! :) nice on capturing the GRS!!! :)

ok thanks spikey mate!! :) so i guess ill just have to do 2mins at a time to get the ammount of frames im after then, be good if i could actually attempt this one day this year, nearly forgetting what the dam sky is looking like :(

edit, titch what FPS was your image @ mate?

nice image that is lee lee!! especially for a couple days ago with all these clouds :( how long was the avi @ 10FPS then?

thanks stargazerjack that would be great, look forward to seeing your images later on :)

titch how long was your avi above?

im not sure if ill have to use my barlow to get prime focus with the SPC900? i do have to use barlow for my DSLR as i can not get prime focus with out it as there is not enough in focus

use the barlow martin unless you want a small jupiter image ;)

Thanks Jake! :) will use my x2 SW barlow then :)

I've been thinking about getting a 5x barlow for webcam imaging but I'm a bit worried it'll be too much and will drown out any detail.

yeah i wanted to get a x3/x4 barlow but didnt have enough xmas pennies to get a barlow too :( ive been told a x5 barlow on my SW130p will be too much

It was 2000 frames in total.

I used a Meade X3 Barlow + x2 barlow tube (lens removed).

nice, how come you use the x2 barlow as an extender then? can you not gain focus with just the SPC900 and the x3 barlow lee?

Thanks Jake! :) will use my x2 SW barlow then :)

yeah i wanted to get a x3/x4 barlow but didnt have enough xmas pennies to get a barlow too :( ive been told a x5 barlow on my SW130p will be too much

nice, how come you use the x2 barlow as an extender then? can you not gain focus with just the SPC900 and the x3 barlow lee?

by using the x2 barlow tube you increase the image size without adding another lens.

It increases the image as if using a X4 to X5 barlow.

I've used a x5 image mate but not always sucessful so I tend to use the above method. (well both to be honest).

by using the x2 barlow tube you increase the image size without adding another lens.

It increases the image as if using a X4 to X5 barlow.

I've used a x5 image mate but not always sucessful so I tend to use the above method. (well both to be honest).

ahhh i get ya lee! nice :) shame i only have the 1 SWx2 barlow :( i might put up a wanted add for a cheap SW x2 barlow then , i love how many uses a barlow actually has :D

I've got a SW150PL so I imagine it'll be too much for mine too.

I used a Meade X3 Barlow + x2 barlow tube (lens removed).

I didn't realise you could daisy chain barlows like that. Surely a 2x and 3x barlow would equate to 6x in total, though...?

@tich: Also, I noticed that image is 960x720. I presume you just scaled up the 640x480 version 1.5x?

I used two 2X stacked Barlows which isn't the best method when I did that image & up-scaled the final image by 50% I think from memory I did around 1200 frames. I find a 3 X Barlow work well although focus is critical something I've not quite got right on a number of occasions so I now have a bahtinov mask to assist with it. I haven't had much joy using my 4x imagemate yet & my Revalation 5 X Barlow I found was hopeless for imaging.

This is the video of the capture I did to give you a sense of the size;

ahhh i get ya lee! nice :) shame i only have the 1 SWx2 barlow :( i might put up a wanted add for a cheap SW x2 barlow then , i love how many uses a barlow actually has :D

Hi matey,

I have bought so much Sky-Watcher stuff in the last year or two that I have 2X barlows coming out of my ears. I have at least 2 boxed unused ones... if you want, I'll stick one in the post to you.

Sorry if I appeared to misinform you regarding the FPS. Obviously my best was only at 10 FPS regardless of what type of USB port. The camera IS good... remember that these images where all done with it.

2 Jupiter and moons

MoonMosaic

post-6415-0-99127800-1354127197_thumb.jp

A lot is down to focus and atmosphere at the time. I have used both 2X and 3X barlows (when the seeing permits) but I have never been able to use my 4x Imagemate, regardles of scope.

Tony

Archived