Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SPC900 - USB2.0???

Hey guys, sorry for the long reply, only just stopped now, been helping a friend move sofa's lol

ah thanks guys for the kind offers on the barlow! most kind of you, i shall pm :)

I used two 2X stacked Barlows which isn't the best method when I did that image & up-scaled the final image by 50% I think from memory I did around 1200 frames. I find a 3 X Barlow work well although focus is critical something I've not quite got right on a number of occasions so I now have a bahtinov mask to assist with it. I haven't had much joy using my 4x imagemate yet & my Revalation 5 X Barlow I found was hopeless for imaging.

This is the video of the capture I did to give you a sense of the size;

that really is a nice size image you have in your video! i have to crop in quite a bit with my dslr.

yes i have been watching vids on bahtinov masks most of the week lol im also still waiting to try it out, it should be nice knowing you have focus instead of guessing or thinking mhhh yes that looks ok'ish lol :D these skies are just terrible tho arnt they buddy :(

seems a lot of people are not getting results with the x4 barlows then, on my 130p that would definitely be out of the question i would think then let alone a x5 lol

Hi matey,

I have bought so much Sky-Watcher stuff in the last year or two that I have 2X barlows coming out of my ears. I have at least 2 boxed unused ones... if you want, I'll stick one in the post to you.

Sorry if I appeared to misinform you regarding the FPS. Obviously my best was only at 10 FPS regardless of what type of USB port. The camera IS good... remember that these images where all done with it.

A lot is down to focus and atmosphere at the time. I have used both 2X and 3X barlows (when the seeing permits) but I have never been able to use my 4x Imagemate, regardles of scope.

Tony

Hey Tony

WOW that moon and jupiter pics are lovely!!! great job! and capturing jupiter's moons :) did you have to do 2 exposures to capture moons and planets of jupiter?

also with your moon mosaic, how did you go about that with video? how many images did you merge to do the moon shot? the detail is lovely!

Thanks for the kind offer buddy, will pm you in a mo :)

Not at all mate i never thought that :) you have been soo helpful with not just the SPC900 but with settings etc,etc, i could not wish for more help buddy :) id just like to do some experimenting with the spc900 now, its getting me down all this cloud :( even 1 frame right now would be nice lol :(

all the best

Martin

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are the settings for the images below. Taken with the equipment in my sig on the 1st December.

For the first image: [Philips SPC 900NC PC Camera]

Frame Divisor=1

Resolution=640x480

Frame Rate (fps)=10.00

Colour Space / Compression=YUY2

Exposure=-8

Brightness=45

Contrast=22

Saturation=-2

Gamma=0

ColorEnable=255

BacklightCompensation=0

Gain=63

The second image is the same settings but will wavelets put to maximum.

Hope this helps :)

post-11186-0-40119300-1357395922_thumb.j

post-11186-0-91496200-1357395958_thumb.j

Stacked barlows work quite well with decent quality pieces. For example stacking a x3 barlow and a x2 barlow will result in x6. It's a bit unwieldy but can produce results in the right seeing conditions.

Archived