NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ASI120MC first light.

philwright66

post-10784-0-22761400-1357045572_thumb.jmanaged to get a reasonable gap in the clouds new year's eve @ 21:15 hours. hooked up my just delivered zwo asi120mc colour cam to my skywatcher 180 mak.native @2700mm f15..stacked 3000 frames in AS2.wavelets in registax4.resized in ps elements.

was planning on using both the mc and mm cameras ,but a lot of clouds hampering things late evening.will try another time. also used a 2.5x barlow for a few image runs,but i don't think the seeing could handle it. still,i'm quite pleased with this result

cheers,phil

When the seeing is good I'd say that a 2x or 2.5x barlow would really suit the 180 Mak to be honest. I'm usually using my 127 Mak at f/35-ish. There's no harm in being able to back things off a bit when the seeing isn't up to it though. You could also experiment with extensions. The focal length of the Mak changes as the mirror is moved to get focus and merely moving the camera away from the visual back and moving the mirror to regain focus can result in quite a noticeable change in image scale.

James

• 5 weeks later...

lovely 1st light mate!!! i also want either this MC or the MM, thinking more along the lines of the MC with the uk's terrilbe skies tbh, cant wait to see more work of yours with your new cam :) lovely capture of the moons also by the way :D great stuff

Hi Phil what camera was you using before the zwo. so you got the single shot and mono i take it ? what did you think of it. Early days i know. Darryl loves it

The seeing looks like it let you down Phil. But thats not a surprise it just looks awful all the time around here. So a good shot considering

I got the MM and got some great data, but I cant work out how to combine the colour channels in Paint Shop Pro to get the final colour image. Sort of wished I had the MC too!

open all three files in PS.

>Image

>.mode

change to greyscale (8bit)

highlight one image and > drop down menu over on the right hand side for "Channels"

choose & > "merge channels"

drop down menu on window > RGB

then choose which file correlates to R G or B for each hit enter

Bob's your mum's bro :)

BTW it's a cracking image and camera ! reduce the frame size to improve frame rate. R U using Firecapture ??

Archived